What necessary actions need to be taken with a new blog?
Here are 12 things you should do after setting up a new blog with Blogspot.
First, head to the Settings and you'll be on the "Basic" section.
1) Make sure you have a good blog title and description.
2) If you want to drive traffic to the blog, pick "Yes" for "Add your blog to our listings?" and "Let search engines find your blog?"
After that, head on to the "Formatting" section.
3) Select the number of posts you want to be shown on the main page. The lesser the posts, the faster the loading speed of the homepage.
4) Adjust the time zone depending on which country you reside in.
Then, continue to the "Comments" section.
5) Select who can comment on your blog. It depends on how much you welcome comments from strangers.
6) Select the type of comment form placement you want. There are 3 choices and each of them are different. I'd recommend it to be embedded below post.
7) If you would like to display backlinks to your blog posts, select "Show" and the links will be shown. Indirectly, your readers will be able to access to the links if they are interested.
8) If you prefer to keep track and moderate the comments received on the blog, select "Always". Comments submitted will not be shown immediately as a result. Otherwise, select "Never".
9) I personally don't like guessing some funny words and type them out just to make sure I'm not a robot or some sort. But if you really want to prevent spam, by all means, say "Yes" to word verification.
10) If you like to see profile images of the commentators on the comment section, selecting "Yes" would be a good option.
Next, the "Site Feed" section.
11) Remember to allow the default feed on your blog so that people can subscribe to your blog and receive updates easily.
12) If you have created a custom feed on Feedburner or some other external feed manager, do include the feed link as well. It will automatically redirect your default feed to the custom feed.
And that's all for now. Hope this guide will help those who've just started a new Blogspot blog.